Many thanks for all the entries to the book quiz. I now realise that the questions were very difficult as nobody managed to get all six questions right. The winner is Caleb Ziolkowski who got five out of six correct and he will receive a brand new copy of Barça: The Guardiola Years through the post very soon. The answers to the questions are as follows –
1) Which player did Carles Puyol replace when he made his league debut for Barça as a substitute? Answer: Simao Sabrosa
2) Which ex-Barça player said “Running is for cowards”? Answer: Carles Rexach
3) Who was made the honorary 100,000th member of FC Barcelona? Answer: Joao Havelange (Many of you answered Pope John Paul II but he was actually made the 108,000 member. Havelange was head of FIFA at the time and Barça gave him the honour before a game with Espanyol in March 1982 – LINK. Havelange was visiting Camp Nou as it was the stadium chosen for the opening match of the 1982 World Cup.)
4) In which year was the following photo taken? Answer: 2006 (The clue is in the red shorts worn by Gio Van Bronckhorst on the side of the bus)
5) Who said “Now I can die peacefully” after Barça won La Liga in 1992? Answer: Nicolau Casaus
6) Who is the man wearing a tie on the far right of this photo? Answer: Joan Gaspart.
Thanks again for all the entries, and congratulations Caleb!